20 May 2007

Illustration Friday: Signs


Holy bottom of the portfolio box! This one is from sooooo long ago. We're talking 10 plus years. I was hesitant to use such an old piece, but honest to betsey I have zero time to come up with anything else. This image was from an assignment that had to do with two sisters who were fighting and one eventually left the car on the side of the road and was never seen again. Kind of sad, right? It was my excuse for the over-abundance of darkness and black. I think the teacher saw through the b.s. and knew my color skills were lame. In the last few years I've tried my best to improve them, though!

In the next few weeks I hope to share images from the two titles I have been painting. I've never pumped out this much artwork, and at the same time felt like I've gotten nowhere. Oh well! I'm dreaming of the fall when I can work on just one project and maybe, just maybe finally start animating. WEE!

4 comments:

Needlesville, N.Y. said...

Very cool Wyeth feel!

neilornstein said...

I like it.

Anonymous said...

very nice composition, very strong feeling.

° said...

like ur vantage point in this