06 September 2007

"Earl, price check on Aisle 5."

So, a friend and past student of mine sent a hysterical message to me describing his adventure to Target:

"I was in the toy section of Target yesterday with my daughter. As we rolled through the girly aisle she shouted "baby!" at every doll we passed. One of the dolls she spotted came with a book inside the packaging. I looked at the book and thought "Hmm, looks like a Kelly Murphy illustration." and sure enough....it was! It $@$%* was! I was so right on and it was a crazy experience! I was so excited I ripped open the box to take a closer look, tossed the doll on the floor, and ran out of the store. I didn't really, but I thought about it."

Thanks John!

So there you have it. They're starting to come out on shelves. I personally busted out laughing, just because Kelly Murphy landed herself in the pink toy aisle. Somethings just not right about that. Who would have thought...

3 comments:

tracey said...

hahaha! Did they pay you yet???

Patrick Auletto said...

My daughter would love that.

Jennifer Syas said...

Neat! :runs off to Target: