12 January 2009

"It's a strange book, but it's good."

Dad, Isaac, Gracie, and Lily were kind enough to feature Hush, Little Dragon on their amazing blog, Bookie Woogie, today. I have never smiled so much in the morning, than after reading this. Best review ever! My favorite moments are when they discover my super secret technique to making scary things seem ok:

Dad: What are some ways that they keep this book from being scary?
Gracie: Because she draws the baby dragon cute. And the mommy dragon has giant eyelashes and a beard. And the king is wearing his underpants in public.

Gracie: She made the three musketeers have tiny little beards and gynormous mustaches. The knights have no noses. And the princess has pink bunny ears.


I am so glad to be laughing! I'm still under heavy deadlines, so my brain needs a holiday! I think Bookie Woogie will be a favorite blog of mine.


An amazing drawing by Gracie of Boni and I meeting the dragons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome blog. Congrats on the glowing review! Looks like you passed one of the hardest tests ever with flying colors!

Nina Crittenden said...

I couldn't agree more! Bookie Woogie is a riot! I fell in love with Hush, Little Dragon and gave it to our friends as a new baby gift. Your illustrations simply gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Can I be the one in the wide-leg pants? I'd look like h*ll in those skinny-leg ones...

Boni

Diana said...

That review is so adorable. My uterus is glowing for you.

Chad W. Beckerman said...

Its awesome to know that the kids GOT IT, you know!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm bestowing upon you a couple of blog awards, Kelly: http://christinaerodriguez.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-awards.html

Stop by to pick them up (download from my Flickr) and pass 'em on if you like!