17 February 2009

Dragons, Take 2

Sorry for the lack of post here. It's been quite fast paced with all of the deadlines. But, things are lightening up slightly, so that makes me happy. It's been a rough winter here, with colder than average temperatures and oodles of snow. I've just caught a glimpse of the grass, it had been two months.

I've finally gotten the dummy in to Abrams for Hush! Little Dragon's sequel. It involved a bit more research, dealing with castle architecture and technology. I still don't understand how spinning wheels work. I even got to see one in the flesh (not working though) and I am still puzzled. Good thing I went to art school!

4 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

I am so excited that you are working on a sequel to Hush Little Dragon- that was a magical book!

Brine Blank said...

Not having seen you around IF for a while (the one post you did a while back it appears I was slacking off)...not to mention that suddenly there are a 1,000 posts to try and fight through every week...so I stopped by to see what you've been up to...I'm not going to post on every item I like because I'm on dial-up at this moment and it would take a year...but really great character development and handling of color...and I like the bounce off of old etchings in the modern style...what a great idea for a project for students...

Sabbio said...

Si je me souviens bien tu parles français, non? :)
J'aime beaucoup ces débuts, l'ambiance est bien retranscrite... et moi aussi les métiers à tisser m'ont toujours intrigué ^^

Boni Ashburn said...

LOVE THEM! Yay for dragons :)