23 February 2009

Five Times Around

This is the poster for Shakespeare on the Sound's A Midsummer Night's Dream. It's my fifth in a series. They have a new director, so naturally, there is a slightly different look than past years. We'll see if they like this years attempt!

ps) the scan is crap (still no new scanner) and the text is REAL rough. Just placeholders right now!

*AFTER NOTE
Good friend Dan Santat helped me out with this piece by upping the drama digitally. He's totally convinced me I need to up the anti on my computer as a medium. I like his version MUCH better. Thanks Dan!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Looks good to me! I really like the colour choice.x

Anonymous said...

I looove the image :) Not so sure about the font choice tho :S
Hugs!!

Sabbio said...

A really good one :)

kelmurphy said...

Aw, thanks guys. Yeah the font... not so hot. I got help reworking the image digitally... going to add a note. Thanks so much for taking a look!

Brine Blank said...

I have to say there are parts about the top one I like more...the bottom creates a different mood and I like the strong lighting effect with regards to the building...but there is a subtle aspect to the top one that has a better overall feel for me...

Nina Crittenden said...

I like them both! :)