04 November 2006

Illustration Friday: Smoke


Because of the current workload, I haven't been able to bust out something new, so I've been digging through some old portfolio boxes. Typically, I cringe showing older work, but I think to have that attitude about older work is not the way to go. Sometimes revisiting ideas or techniques that lead you to certain place forces you back into that midset when you were more experimental. For me, I guess I sometimes enjoy the looser brush stroke on my older pieces.

11 comments:

Jeannetto said...

This is a pretty sweet piece.

Anonymous said...

I like the warm colour pallette you've utilized here, especially in the background and his coat!

° said...

nice lookin illo like ur colors

Valaine said...

Beautiful colors! I like this! ^_^

Anonymous said...

I like the feel of this one. It's all warm and fuzzy!!

Unknown said...

beautiful and warm!

Cez said...

love colors and texture...great!!

Anonymous said...

Why cringe, it has a really nice quality. It is good to look back to see how far you have come!

Michelle Lana said...

Lovely!!! Great work and love the color!

studio lolo said...

Warm,nice illo!

Amy Zaleski said...

Simply wonderful...I love all of your work, old and new. Your style really stands on its own.