22 January 2008

Illustration Friday: Plain

Being one of my first flash animations, I have an aversion to all things vector. Thus, this plain girl is plainly animated. Sorry for the redundancy. I feel as though my artistic tendencies are way too messy to be controlled by the BeziƩr pen tool. Don't get me wrong, I have crazy respect for those that can harness that power. As for me? I will remain unfortunately messy.

In my mind, plain girls tend to have thin, stringy hair. But I think they say it's the quiet, plain ones that are the fruits!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty neat... for a first effort, great job

Dan Santat said...

WOW! Animation Kelly!

Unknown said...

I share your hatered of the vile vector...anyway, good work.

Shiho Nakaza said...

I drew a plain girl with thin, stringy hair, too! Love the animation.

Eli said...

Loved the style and movement in this, very cool!